The weeds of the past and the dangerous liaisons of the future

The weeds of the past and the dangerous liaisons of the future

An afternoon in late August. A German Shepard accompanies me and protects me – against my own shadow. We walk on the cut grass of the fields nearby. I stop infront of a haystack. I lay down. Grass… Someone should love me. I think of my translations of songs of Balašević. I was still a kid. The translations were clumsy, English was stiff, but I understood the verses more than I should.

Abnormal EEG confirmed the diagnosis. Epilepsy.

Now, I don’t translate love songs anymore, I monitor absences, periods of being absent, amnesia, tiredness and the characteristics of the first grand mal (generalized clonic-tonic seizure).

And then comes love – how should I … I shouldn’t and I can’t be selfish enough, to expose somebody to this pain, this undefined imprint of the shoes in the future, this confused power game, when the closest are lost in the art of love, because in their eyes I became another person and a person with different love.

Noone understands my fear – only one person, one person only understands my new suicidality, one person among thousands … who regularly accompanies me to the ER, sits next to me, when I wake up from a painful absence during the nights, and helps me back to life, only one person, who talks to doctors, cares for my mouth ulcers, only one – my only true friend, a future doctor, source of empathy, endless understanding, care and knowledge.
Fear - I.Minić

Fear tears apart my guts. Literally. Unbearable pain in my epigastrium. Consequence – a bleeding ulcer. I cease to talk. My father and I are sitting infront of the building of the University Clinic in Maribor. I am supposedly too sensitive …


I feel like Dorian Gray – my face grins in powerlessness. 

Priljubljene objave iz tega spletnega dnevnika

Iz oči v oči

Facti bruti - možgani uberejo svojo pot