A handful of hope

A handful of hope

It seems illness is not shared democratically, finally every individual experiences, how something was given and how taken away.

I sit in the enormous hallway of the Faculty. My back is supported by a large glass construction. I don’t feel the cold, I only observe the shiver of the palms, where study literature rests. Two thousand pages and some more. I would rather read “For whom the bell tolls”.

Arbor vitae (the tree of life – the cerebellum) is loosing control over coordination in my body. The muscles contract in their own way, their time-table is unpredictable. Pain in the abdomen is sharp, the colour of my face is somewhere between the fifty shades of green.
I feel a touch on my shoulder – a professor addresses me, worryingly: “Facies gastrica”, right? (the face of a patient with a ulcer). I nod without any expression. He squeezes my shoulder even more strongly and leaves without a word, probably thinking I am worried about the exam. But it is not the book with thousands of leaves, not the fear of the test of my knowledge, inside my, a dream is shattering.
Thought

Guidelines for the patient: live a peaceful life, avoid stressful situations, sleep plenty, don’t drink alcohol, limit sports activities, make note of photosensitivity (sensitivity to light and quickly changing light rays), rest, etc…









Hope moves into the hand …

Priljubljene objave iz tega spletnega dnevnika

Iz oči v oči

Facti bruti - možgani uberejo svojo pot